Friday, December 24, 2010

Fish Sticks South Park Episode

To all of you .... HAPPY HOLIDAYS! The Carnival of Biodiversity



icicles on the roof of a neighbor.


few days ago, on the roof in front of my house, there were beautiful icicles as long I could not see. I remember as a child we called them "the pyro £ i", and wanted to drive for them smangiucchiare (when clean!).



I would have liked in these festivals, if not the snow, there was a bit 'cold and a little more than' less moisture. But no: rain and south, and with them the high water. For most of Italy, the high water is a problem for me that I am here to work in Venice, however, a po' meno. 







Ma in questa giornata di vigilia non sono solo, qui, sulla mia isola: un gheppio ( Falco tinnunculus ) si è messo a cacciare davanti alla mia finestra, agile e bellissimo, e ogni tanto piomba sulle siepi di bosso del giardino all'italiana per predare qualche insetto o qualche lucertola che abbia incautamente osato metter furoi il muso nonostante la pioggia. tra parentesi, le lucertole dell'isola di San Giorgio sono un po' sfortunate: in autunno TUTTE, inesorabilmente, si ammalano di una strana forma di papilloma cutaneo. Vabbè, al gheppio non importa. 



Along the wall, then, was a tiny scorpion ( Euscorpius italicus ) numb. As soon as I picked up was revived and has raised its menacing tail: a tiny eight-legged tank of dirty chalk. I left a ravine near the wall, because it can return to winter in peace.


anyway. This year was nice, rich and important as ever. Apart the arrival of my son Peter , joy of my life (and my wife Roberta), there were a change of job, the beginning of the restoration project of Boffe the Botany course, the Carnival of Biodiversity ... and then again in collaboration with Mario Venturi for project "Giant Padovana" and a new commitment, always in the field of poultry, with Project Collezione ", to which I refer you to blog for now for more information ( but next year we'll talk about here).


short, a year full of life and beauty. And for this I wish all of you, by heart, just as a Christmas full of LIFE and a spectacular start the year.


WISHES OF MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND ALL YOUR DEAR!



The young specimen of Euscorpius italicus found at work today. . Photo of Michele Ballarin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment